PhD Position Available in Computer Science @ University of Pisa
- Topic: Machine Learning and Computer Vision for Environmental Sustainability
- Duration: 3 years
- Annual recipient amount of the PhD grant: 16,243 €
- Starting date: March 1, 2023
- Deadline for application: February 1, at 1 pm CET
Description and benefits: The PhD student is expected to conduct multidisciplinary research in machine learning and computer vision impacting environmental sustainability. For instance, scientific objectives might include (i) the design of computer vision methods and systems to understand an environmental scenario of interest through the analysis of multisource data and (ii) the ideation of approaches to promote the active involvement of the citizenry in environmental monitoring.
The grant is financed by CNR-ISTI in the framework of the National Biodiversity Future Center (NBFC), an initiative funded by PNRR. As such, the PhD student, besides benefitting from the top-level educational offering by the University of Pisa, will also be actively involved in the research activities carried out by CNR-ISTI and NBFC, allowing for the construction of a rich and robust CV.
Requirements: Candidates should have an academic qualification equivalent to the Italian "Laurea Magistrale/Specialistica" (e.g. Master Degree) awarded by 28 February 2023.
- The call fiche is available here: https://dottorato.unipi.it/images/stories/competition2022_2023/concorsi_e_eng/info02_e_eng.pdf
- The general PhD call of the University of Pisa with instructions about the application and all the official documents and updates can be reached at the following link:
Please share with interested students and individuals!